Thursday, November 6, 2008

MOLDI

When I first heard that the library was going to offer this service I was excited. I love to listen to BOC. Then I learnt that you could only listen from your computer. Well, my excitement died. Why would I want to listen from my computer? That was a couple of years ago and now I know the answer. I love listening from my computer. Once I tried it I was hooked. And now you can download to personal devises that can be carried around. I couldn't wait to try it. The problem for me is that I can not get this program to work. I spoken with staff members who use it for everything from music to movies.
In Sept. Mid-Ohio Digital Library offered on-line training and I was lucky enough to get to take two of them. I was just sure that my problems would be solved. I went through both classes waiting for the piece of information I was missing to be filled in. No such luck but, I was not ready to give up. As a library employee I was allowed to e-mail questions to Mid-Ohio direct. We were given an e-mail address that the public was not. I sent in my question, trying to be as specific as possible and waited for a reply. Once it came I printed it and went home to try it out. Nothing. I still need to try their next suggestion but I am not longer excited and forget by the time I get home.
I still think that it is a great program. I am glad that CML is offering it to our customers. I have had no problem finding item that I would love to download, if I could. Maybe since it is on my mind again I will give it another try.
In case anyone out their is really good with this kind of thing, my problem occurs at the BOC download. I receive a message telling me that Media Players need a security update and it gives me instructions on how to do this, really easy - click one button. When I try I get another error telling me to connect to the Internet. I have cable Internet and am allows connected. I have tried disabling both the firewall and the antivirus. Help if you can. Thanks.

No comments: