Thursday, October 9, 2008

discover

This week I looked at award winning web 2.0 sites. Many of them did not interest me but, a few did. I even sign-up with NetVibes. I have customized Googles home page but I really like that way that NetVibes uses layers. Not everything is on the front page. I can choose to click on another layer to see TV and Music news. They offer to show you the weather and your e-mail on the front page. I haven't decided if I will make the switch at home to making this my homepage. I may try it out for awhile and decide if I can get use to it.
I have to admit that I looked at the short list and then only at the first place winners. If I have time I plan to go back and look again. Oh by the way Onmidrive redirected me to a loan application site. I was interested in the idea of an on-line backup. This is one category where I will have to look at the second or third place winner. My son once downloaded a virus onto my home computer and I lost everything. If a free site is on the level I would be interested.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Omnidrive kept doing that too me too. I googled the company and found out it no longer exists! Shut down already!