Saturday, September 27, 2008

wiki's

I have looked at Wikipedia before but never spent the time to go through the tutorial, which was very interesting. I like the fact that if you change or add something you also need to cite your sources. That makes me feel better about the information I am reading on their site.
I don't remember all the brackets and colons used to change the fonts. I would have to print out the instructions and play around for a while.
I have heard groups here at
CML talking about using wiki's to edit or create documents and if the group is small it could work but, with a large group I can see a lot of problems. When a large group is trying to decide on a format for a damaged item letter, for example, not everyone agrees. The changing text and crossing out could be endless.
I am looking forward to playing in the Learn & Play sandbox, hopefully next week I'll have time.

No comments: